Before I Look At An Apartment At The Shutters
Is there assigned parking?
Two designated parking spots are available for each unit. Guest parking is available on a first come, first serve basis. We offer ample parking near all buildings so there are almost always parking spaces available.
What Fire Precautions do your buildings have?
Every apartment comes equipped with smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher.
If my situation changes can I get out of my lease?
In most cases, you may terminate your lease agreement by providing Management a 60-day written notice and paying a termination fee equivalent to 1 month’s rent. For more specific information please contact the leasing office.
Do you have furnished apartments?
No, we do not offer furnished apartments at The Shutters. You may rent furniture yourself through several local furniture rental companies
What are the rental requirements or qualifications needed to rent an apartment?
The Shuttle’s Selection Criteria includes: (1) employment verification, (2) current income, (3) credit history, (4) rental history, and (5) criminal history. This information is verified by a third-party screening company.
- Employment & Income Requirements: All applicants must provide proof of local employment or proof of commute. Employment is subject to verification. Income must be no less than 3.3 times the amount of the monthly rent. If more than one applicant, the income may be combined to meet the requirement. All applicants must provide a copy of applicant’s 2 most recent paystubs or an offer of employment.
- Credit Requirements: At least 50% of current accounts must be in good standing. Bankruptcies that have not been discharged may result in denial.
- Rental History Requirements:All applicants must have 6 months of verifiable rental history or mortgage history. Outstanding debts to landlords may result in denial. Negative rental profile may result in denial.
- Criminal History Requirements:Criminal background checks will be conducted on every applicant and all occupants over the age of 18. A conviction for sexual crimes will result in denial. Criminal conviction history for violent crimes, crimes against persons or property, or drug-related crimes may result in denial.
- IDENTIFICATION: Each applicant must provide valid government issued photo identification.
After I Apply For An Apartment At The Shutters
How long does it take for an application to be approved?
Applications can be approved the same day so you can move in as quickly as possible.
What if I have NO credit, bad credit or in the processes of a short sale of foreclosure?
We understand that life happens, which is why we combine credit scores along with your monthly income to make a decision on approval. We also offer alternative options, such as putting down an extra security deposit or allowing co-signers on your lease.
Am I required to purchase rental insurance?
The Shutters does require rental insurance for the protection of the tenants’ property.
After I Move Into The Shutters
Can I modify my apartment?
You may not make any alteration to the unit, including installing any appliances, locks or other equipment of any kind without prior consent from our office.
Can I have a washer/dryer in my unit?
Yes. All of our apartments have full size washer & dryer connections.
Can I have a satellite dish?
You are permitted to have a satellite dish if you have a unit with a patio, provided the dish is free-standing on the patio. You may not mount the dish to the building, railings, in the common areas, etc. and you are not permitted to drill any holes in the building or walls. Please check with our leasing staff before signing up for satellite service to insure compliance with our policies.